Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Baking fun!

The cookie doughThe edible playdohThe bakers (Johanna and me!)The end products: Seriously, the edible playdoh recipe is SO AWESOME. Its just powdered sugar, corn syrup, salt and food coloring! The texture is like real playdoh so you can roll it out into different shapes, and you can squish them together to make different colors. Me and Johanna are quite the artists huh. :) I'll give a prize to anyone who can identify all the picture shapes!

But anyway, the reason why we were baking is because I'm babysitting Av all day tomorrow from 11am-5pm so I'm trying out the recipe first before we make it tomorrow. He'll probably really enjoy it and it'd be good for his fine motor skills too. :)

Today was our first day at the veterans home. It wasn't too bad. We screened a very sweet old lady, and we met our clients for the summer. My client has post-stroke aphasia and Johanna's client has Parkinson's. They were both very very nice too. So yeah, I guess it won't be too bad working with them. My client loves playing on the computer and so today we played a bit of the computer version of Jeopardy! which is seriously the toughest trivia game on the planet. Then we wrote like a ton of paperwork. That's the very worst thing about medical settings - the darn paperwork! And what's worse is that its all handwritten, which makes it just hellish to plow through and digest. Sigh. They should make all doctors and nurses go through MANDATORY handwriting courses.

Then I went in to work and sat through a 3-hour-long meeting! *yawn* But I'm thankful for my job, really I am. So that's my busy but fun day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..not bad. Got卖相.