Spring is literally in the air, and I'm having the worst allergies. I can only assume its the pollen causing it because I get it every spring.
Anyway, I just added another $55 to my NYC fund babysitting Av today. Babysitting is gooood money, and great fun too. I mean, I get paid twice as much as last summer's job waitressing at Balaclava, and thats not even counting the suffering I go through being on my feet for hours, inhaling a ton of smoke, working unearthly hours, grouchy coworkers, completely brainless tasks..
How is it that I'm more appreciated in the US than in my own country? Since I've been in the US (less than 2 years), I've already made at least $104,000 in income and benefits, 10x more than what I've made in my 22 years in Sg. But more than that, its also that people are so much nicer! How is it that I get better treatment here as a foreigner than I do at home as a citizen? It doesn't even make any sense!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment