School has barely started and already I'm exhausted. Johanna and I stayed up late last night writing our respective ASHA scholarship applications, due tomorrow. Due to annoying circumstances (i.e. that half the staff and faculty are on vacation!), we had a really hard time pulling our apps and recommendations together and finally only got done late in this afternoon. And then I sped off to the post office to get it delivered by next-day express mail to Maryland. All I can say is, I hope all this hard work and $16.50 in postage pays off!
I'm also thinking about applying for the $5,000 ASHA grad scholarship which is due in about 3 weeks. The application process for this one is even worse, but then the prospect of more free cash and prestige is just wayyy too tempting. And also, I get a cheap thrill from reading recommendation letters about myself. LOL.
We had orientation for Indiana Veterans Home (IVH) today. I have NEVER seen so much American memorabilia in one building. I bet even the White House doesn't have every other person wearing shirts with American flags on them..! Apparently you have to have fought in a real war for 3 days at least to stay in one of these homes. I admit that one of the reasons I chose this placement is because I am such a sucker for war and military stories! The motto of the staff is We serve those who served. ;)
But despite that, I don't think I'd really enjoy this placement too much. I really still very much rather work with kids. I hate dressing up in formal wear, closed shoes, white coat, name badge.. And I hate the depressing hospital environment. I wanna be in a bright cheerful room or outdoors with the kids, in my sweatshirt, jeans and flip flops! I miss preschool SO MUCH. :(
Oh and Johanna's going hospital-visiting in Delaware this weekend, so I'll be all alone.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment