Its been nice just lazing around. Trying to get as much rest as I can before all hell breaks loose on June 9. Tomorrow Sunitha and I are going to Indianapolis to pick up her driver's permit in person because she's afraid it won't arrive in time by Saturday, when she'd be leaving Lafayette for good! Ah I hate it that all my friends keep graduating!
On the bright side, she's moving to Jersey City, close to NYC and I plan to visit her either the last weekend of May or maybe August. I'm soooooooooooo wanting to go to New York, but then I don't know if I have that thousand bucks to spare. 1000 dollars, which I should probably save. But then you only live once right?? ;)
Anyway, the city of New York beckons. I swear its almost a conspiracy.. there was even an article about New Yorkers in this month's Smithsonian. And one of my clinic supervisors who had moved from NYC maybe 20 years ago keeps saying how much she missed it and if we wanna live there we should go right after we grad. ;P Maybe I should look into externship sites in NYC instead of Cali.
Today after church I went for lunch with a couple of people, including this girl whose parents are missionaries in Liberia. Anyway, she was saying about her parents had always taught her that the safest place to be is in the middle of God's will. And you shouldn't let this fear of not being "safe" prevent you from doing things that you should be doing, whether its serving in other countries or even in the inner city. I mean, I'm pretty adventurous but I have my limits.. and I've never dared to head out to Africa or certain 'scarier' places in Asia or South America, or to some extremely impoverished inner-city schools. But thats exactly where God's grace is needed the most, isn't it?
So, I learned something today.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment