Friday, May 30, 2008

Twister!!!

How to tell when a tornado is headed your way:
1. The sky suddenly turns SUPER dark, cloudy and green after being sunny and cloudless all day
2. Howling winds
3. Tornado siren!!

The electricity was flickering on and off, the siren was blaring, winds were howling.. very scary!! It was like the movie Twister. TV reports kept telling people to stay in their basements, but I really didn't want to go hang out with the washer and dryer. And also, I wanted to stay close to the TV to get more updates (I should really invest in a battery-operated radio..). In the end, I just decided to stay in my apartment, hands clutching my cell phone and eyes glued to the TV and also to the neighbors. A lot of them were just standing outside watching the sky, so I figured I would run when I see them do so. ;P

But anyway, the storm has passed us and is heading east towards Dana and Delphi so I figure I'm safe. For now. I wish Johanna was here since she grew up in Oklahoma and would probably know best what to do!

Now I'm watching videos on Youtube of crazy people who drive towards tornadoes to get good footage. Omg.

No comments: