So, I'm glad that I'm back on track after the slight lapse last semester. However that stupid B has blown my 4.0 GPA for good and nothing will ever get it back. Not that it really matters.. when I went to visit Rady's on Monday the person didn't even care to look at my CV. She was really nice and showed me around the hospital (which also, I'm surprised to add) was very very nice. I haven't had the best experiences in hospitals so I wasn't expecting anything much. But it was very much like Purdue, nice bright and cheerful with lotsa toys (gotta love). :) Maybe because its an outpatient clinic, it didn't have that icky disinfectanty smell.
Anyhow, she seems really eager to have me, unless legal mish-mash get in the way. The lawyers at the hosp have to draw up a contract with the lawyers at Purdue because of insurance/liability/confidentiality blahblah matters and if they don't agree then I can't go there. So it has *nothing* to do with my capabilities or their desire to have me. If the lawyers say no-go, then its a no-go. (But then I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to potentially be sued for millions of dollars either)
She's also not the first person to tell me that the world is my oyster. I am always asked if I plan to return to Sg to practice. Almost every SLP I speak to tells me there's a global shortage of SLPs and how I'd be highly sought after because of the many languages I speak. Its amazing how all my interests fall nicely into place, isn't it? (Let me digress: I learned English because I loved to read and write, I learned Chinese because I loved 林志颖, I learned German because for some reason I fell in love with german history and culture at that point in my life. Following your interests does pay off. People should realize that and stop discouraging others from pursuing what they want to because "cannot make a living", "waste of time", blahblahblah. You can make a living from anything if you are freaking good at it.)
I'm flying back to Indy tonight and I'm sad to leave even tho the weather has been absolutely abysmal. I'd be VERY VERY SORRY to return my lovely convertible to Avis. Booooooo. Even tho I've really only let the top down once (it was too cold and windy the rest of the time!), but it was fun speeding around in it. It was also nice to see the ocean again. I hadn't realized how much I missed it. But well, hopefully I will be back here next summer, and with any luck the legendary perfect Californian weather will be back and I'd be able to hit the beaches. Whee!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
woah! u rock!
Post a Comment