Sunday, July 6, 2008

PAH!!!

Today I had my first experience calling the cops because some %!$%@* car hit-and-ran on me! I was just stopped at the stop sign when it swerved into the parking lot (at high speed mind you), smashed my headlight and zoomed off!

Anyway, I learned that if you're ever the victim of any car accident, the first thing you should do is call the police. Because I got scolded by both the operator and the police officer for waiting 30-45 mins before I called because I was driving around the parking lot hoping to find the perpetrators. And also, even though you are shocked and it happened really quickly, you should still try to remember the license plate number. Which I didn't. Why? Because I wasn't expecting them to run away. I think my faith in the goodness of man is misplaced.

I'm now very annoyed because I can't get their insurance to pay for it, and neither can I get my insurance to pay since the damage is most likely under $1000. Which means I am stuck with a broken headlight since not like I have the money or time to repair my car. MORONS!!!!!! *shakes fist in air*

No comments: