Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lovely Sunday

I chipped my index-finger nail playing football on Friday and now its hurting like crraazy. Ouch!! I've never played football before and that darn ball is harder and heavier than it looks! I've also been invited to play volleyball with them on Wednesdays and it sounds like a good idea, except that I'll have to remember to trim my nails before.

Anyway, my golf lesson got canceled yesterday due to bad weather, can you believe it??! The weather has been perfect all week when I'm stuck indoors doing work, but the one day that I wanna go outside...! Church canoe trip was canceled too, for which I am glad because hopefully I'll be able to make it. Anyway, golf has been rescheduled for tomorrow, which is forecast to be sunny. *crosses fingers*

Summer is awwwwesome. Except that I have way too much work to do and way too little time to play. Pooey. And also I hate the bugs. Aside from that, its great.

I am learning the names of sooooooooooooo many plants and animals. I have to get my kids or friends to tell me what everything is, e.g. difference between squirrel/chipmunk/opossum, names of different types of spiders/insects/trees/plants. People spend so much more time in the outdoors over here! Pingbu was telling me that a lot of people think Americans are 'dumb' cos they do poorly in math and science compared to international standards, but if they had tests on things like nature, fixing cars and pipes, housebuilding, music, sports, knitting and baking, Americans would probably ace it. So really, its just a cultural emphasis on different things and "intelligences". Thats what I think anyway.

No comments: