Saturday, July 17, 2010

Updates!

It's been a happening week!

Finally mailed/gave out all the invitations!!! And people are starting to respond already - WOOOO!! :) We have friends who booked their flights to fly in from several different states, makes me feel so touched and loved. :) And of course my parents are flying halfway across the globe. AND my brother might be able to come after all - yay!

I got many compliments on how cute the invitations are *braaaag*. Haha. Quite happy with the way they turned out, especially since they are quite low-budget. :)

Also, my mom sent us a very generous ang pow, which couldn't have come at a better time really. And my super speedy bridesmaid Dianamari also got us our very first wedding present - an indoor grill, which arrived yesterday. :)

And people have been so great about helping out. My dear bridesmaid Charlotte sent me pearl earrings from Indiana (because I mentioned I needed some to match my necklace), and my MOH Johanna's mom very sweetly made a veil for me out of my MIL's veil! It was just mailed to me this week too. MIL's veil (that her mother made for her) was too long and umm.. a little old-fashioned, so Johanna's mom helped to alter it for me. I have NO sewing skills. :p

So yeah, I feel very loved.

Also I received notice that my employment auth is extended for another year - yay. :) Although I won't need it once I get my green card, but at least I don't have to worry too much about when the GC arrives. I am becoming quite the expert on immigration paperwork. :P

No comments: