Joy oh joy, we had our interview today and got APPROVED! :))))))) The whole thing lasted less than 10 minutes, and was probably the easiest interview I've ever had in my life. ;) So much for all the horror stories eh?
We waited about 15 minutes in the waiting room, then got called. Followed the officer to his office, where he had my USCIS folder in front of him. Wasn't too thick, unlike some of the others in his office. ;)
Asked Troy:
Full name, address, phone number, place of birth, social security number?
Me:
Full name, phone number, place of birth, social security number, parents names, my profession?
Asked me if I have ever been arrested, deported, involved in terrorism, claimed to be a US citizen, etc. (All NO, obviously!)
He asked us, where did you meet?
He asked to see Troy's driver's license and my passport. Asked if I brought anything else I WANTED to add to my file. He didn't appear to want anything. I gave him our phone bill and a more recent bank statement. I showed him about 5 pictures - told him we didn't have too many because Troy hates pictures. He laughed. He didn't look at the phone bill or bank statement, just took them. He glanced at the pictures and gave them back.
Then he said, well, it looks very straightforward. You're approved and you'll get your green card in the mail in about 2 weeks. We said, great thanks!
No trick questions or anything! Approved in 2.5 months - how speedy is that?!
Can't wait to get my green card, which allows me to live and work in the US indefinitely, plus travel in and out of the US anytime I want!!!! No more of that %#$*@ work permits and visa paperwork!! No more waiting in the LOOOOOONG "aliens" line at the airport and dealing with grumpy I-think-you're-a-terrorist airport officials! No more fear of being denied entry into the US!!!!! (Last summer I was afraid of crossing the border to Canada when we were at Niagara Falls).
Whole process cost me something like $1800 though. Could have been a Disney World or Caribbean honeymoon, but alas it was not to be. :P
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment