So, things are falling pretty nicely in place. Boss said she may have funding for summer (I'm surprised! This has never happened before I think) so I may get paid and have free tuition over the summer too. Which will be very nice. :)
I will also be tutoring my little four-year-old twice a week, which means some extra cash that I'm sure I will need, looking at gas prices right now. My supervisor told the mom she has to pay me "much more than a babysitter but much less than a real SLP". LOL. I'm also looking forward to playing with him all summer because he is the cutest little kid imaginable.
I will be at the San Diego/Arcadia area for a couple of days in May to interview at 2 hospitals. They both sound eager to have me, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Children's Hospital San Diego since I really only want to work with kids.
I've also found a new roommate for next year even though I haven't seen her yet. But I'd trust that she's ok since she's a labmate of one of my friends from church.
So yeah, if all of the things above work out, it should be a very nice summer. :) Honestly I think I am EXTREMELY blessed. I'm just so thankful to be having jobs and clinic and school. Last summer when I was in Singapore and had nothing to do, I felt like I wanted to die. I really don't cope well with being idle.
Although.. I may have 2-3 weeks off in August so I may go back to Singapore for a visit then. I still don't really know.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment