Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Have been feeling very much in the HOLIDAY mood lately. It's Thanksgiving break tomorrow and then very soon after that... Christmas!!! It's the most wonderful time of the year! :))

We got our first snow on Saturday, which has been a long time a-coming. Skylar absolutely loved it and had a blast running around in the snow and eating it. Maybe it reminds him of Siberia. ;) I have to confess that I got a little bit excited too. First snow is always so romantic and beautiful. Walking hand-in-hand in the snow, sipping hot coffee.. one of those magical little moments in life. :)

Sunday, we went to the Vikings game at the Metrodome! First game for me. We lost, but it was sooo much fun anyway!!! Next time we go I'm going to get face tattoos. Can't wait. ;)
So, Troy and I get to host Thanksgiving dinner this year and here's what on the menu:
1. Turkey
2. Stuffing
3. Cranberry salad
4. Green bean casserole
5. Crescent rolls
6. Scalloped corn
7. Cheese potatoes (Troy's parents are bringing)
8. Pumpkin pie
9. Apple pie

I'm pretty confident about all the above except turkey, which I've never made before. However, everyone I've talked to has assured me its a piece of cake. My only other worry is how I'm going to make all of the above with only one oven and the turkey takes 4 (?) hours to cook. We'll see how everything turns out!!

After watching 《来不及说我爱你》, I've developed what Troy calls my "Wallace crush". Yes, its true, 最进疯狂爱上钟汉良. :) Which is funny because I've known of him for years and years and never particularly caught my attention. But that's what I like about TV shows more than movies, is that you really get sucked into the characters.
Anyway I highly recommend this show, best I've ever seen. Very impressed with the director. There are some war scenes but not too many, I just skip them.

I also finished watching 《法政先锋III》 lately. Had fun picking up some Cantonese, just in case I meet Wallace in the future ha ha ha. :)

No comments: