Spring is here! Gorgeous sun, fair weather, big smiles on everyone's face, playing outside.. what's not to love? The plants are not blooming yet though, which is good for me because that will signal the start of two weeks of allergies. :P
Life's been busy, but good. I'm adapting to the school environment, its pretty amazing how much the school system and teachers are alike compared to Sg! Not sure I like it too much actually. :P And plans have changed A LOT since my last post, because I talked to my supervisor who told me to NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER sell my soul to a contracting company. Okay then. That kinda changes things because contracting agencies are the only people I've been talking to because they are the ones that contact me all the time. However, Karen is adamant that they will suck the life out of me and I need to contract with the school/hospital directly because of better health benefits and accrueing seniority, etc. I think her exact words were "I know you're in your 20s and a retirement plan and pension is the last thing on your mind, but trust me, you'd appreciate the value of it later." And also that since I'm multilingual I will be highly sought after and *I* should be the one holding the position of power.
So, back to square one. It means I need to do my own job search instead of letting some HR recruiter do the work for me. *sigh* However, on the bright side I have at least decided that I am going to look into the Chicago area. Due to multiple factors it seems like Chicago will work best for me right now. Their school district is hiring, which means I could apply there. Or look into Head Start or First Steps, which is also a possibility. I'm assuming they also have a children's hospital there although I don't know if they are hiring or not.
Hope everyone is having a fun weekend! I know I am. :)
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment