If you've not heard from me recently, its because I am so darn exhausted everyday. I wake up at 5:30, make my way down to Brownsburg in the dark, spend 8 hours chasing the little ones and talking in high-pitched kiddy voice, get done at about 4pm, then drive back up to Purdue and attempt to work. I have gotten gas THREE times this week (as opposed to my usual once every three weeks!), and I am thankful that gas is at $1.85 else I'd be SO broke. Broke and tired, thats a fun combination.
I love my little car though and everyone compliments me on how CUTE it is. :)
I'm having fun with the kids and I love them all and seriously want to adopt them and take them home. Especially since 95% of them come from the worst families I have ever heard of in my entire life, e.g. mom lives in homeless shelter and has five kids all with different fathers, dad who was manager at Abercrombie and left the family for a 19-year-old cashier, mom is 18-year-old who is attending special ed herself at the high school........ plus a stalker ex-boyfriend who tried to assault mom and twin boys outside of the preschool - they had to call the cops!
There is this really cool mom though who has the most adorable little girl she adopted from China (with cleft palate and severe hearing loss), and she's going to China again over Spring Break to get a little brother for her! OMG I am soooo insanely jealous and have already told T so he is forewarned. :)
Although I must say that working with kids all day long makes me rather maxed out. My supervisor told me that one of the downsides of this job is that people she knows or church people always try to recruit her to do kid-related stuff like teach Sunday school or organize activities for the disabled kids and she just has to say no. I feel the same way too, so yeah, I need a new hobby that is completely unrelated to what I do. Maybe painting. :) Can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can go golf again.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment