Hello peeps, hows it going? I had fun this weekend, hanging out with Singaporeans at Scott's house. We had laksa, and I made a tofu dish and orange chiffon cake for dessert. The orange cake.. was a little less-than-satisfactory because it didn't really taste like what I remembered it to taste like. But everyone said it was great and ate it all. Erm, dunno if they were just being nice or they really liked it. But Nelson brought me two mandarin oranges from Indy so I'm going to try again with mandarin oranges next week when my new grater arrives. I bet its because of those DUMB ANGMOH oranges from Minnesota that ruined my cake!
Anyway, had tire trouble again. Am I cursed or am I cursed with bad-tire-luck? Last winter I had to spend $90 to get two tires replaced because I punctured them on the lousy Lafayette roads. THIS winter... I was happily driving along US-52 on Saturday when my tire-pressure-sensor warning light went off. I was like oh no oh no oh no oh no, but managed to drive to the nearest gas station. Driver side tire was half flat, and I could hear air hisssssssssing out. And of course I didn't bring my cell phone with me. Anyway, a really nice stranger saw my obvious distress and came over to help. He even paid the 75 cents for the air pump (of course I was out of quarters too), and helped me fill the tire up with air so I could drive to a mechanic a few miles down. I just love how handy American men are! Anyway, drove my car to Midas who said they managed to stop the leak from the valve stem, but that I should take my car to the Nissan dealer because only they have the parts to fix my special tire-pressure-sensor tires. Wowee.
Monday morning, I drove my car to the Nissan dealer in town at 7:30am who spent a whole hour checking it before declaring that all four of my tires were perfectly fine, and there were no leaks anywhere. Erm, okay. True enough my tire is not leaking air RIGHT NOW, but who knows if it'd do it again?? I am absolutely convinced that my tire valve stem is loose or damaged, because when I move it out of position it leaks air and doesn't stop until I jiggle it in place again. Just my luck to be cursed with an awful Nissan dealer in town (it was ranked less than 2 stars out of 5 online), so now I'm thinking of taking it to my Nissan dealership in Indianapolis and get it checked out thoroughly. Good news is my car has a certified preowned warranty till 100,000 miles so I can get it fixed for free.
Winter is wayyy too long. Grr. It was fun to have a white Thanksgiving and Christmas but now I've had enough. Enoughhhhhh!!!!!!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment