I also talked with dear friend Dan on Friday, and he's doing really great in Maryland. I'm pretty keen on moving to the Maryland/DC area myself, because clearly thats the place to be if you want to be politically active. No I do not aspire to be a politician, but I do aspire to advocate more for special services and education, and the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse people. I guess I'll post another entry about this another time since its a pretty long story.
But anyway, my life fell apart again the second I arrived back in Indiana. When I arrived at the Indy airport at 1230am, my car wouldn't start, had to ask people to help me jumpstart it, didn't work, called friends frantically, called insurance company, called towtruck, waited for towtruck to arrive, rented car to drive back to W. Lafayette, finally arrived home at 4am in the morning, slept for 3 hours, then had to drive to school, spent all day at school, car company called to say car was fixed, so I had to drive back to Indy again to get car, paid $300, then drove back to W. Lafayette again. And of course it was snowing heavily the whole time. Driving in the snow is the scariest thing ever!!!!! I'm glad I made it back alive, because I passed by some 5 car accidents on I-65 on the way back home.
Needless to say its been a stressful 2 days. Also, while they were fixing my battery, they found a whole bunch of other problems with my car, which they said would cost some $1500 at least to fix. OMG~!!!!! So yeah, dunno what to do now. UGH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment