Saturday, June 28, 2008

Weekend

Today I had the most painful manicure in the world. I am SO not going back there again, even if its cheaper because its run by Asians (Vietnamese?) of questionable immigration status.

I am reading the book Nickels and Dimed, which my teacher recommended in my counseling class. From my own experience, most times class barriers are even harder to transcend than racial ones. But I'm working on it, so that I can be a better counselor/therapist. The little idealist in me is still hoping to make a difference in the lives of underprivileged kids, and to do that I really have to empathize and be nonjudgmental and "join" with their parents.

I am thinking about joining a health club and getting some damn exercise! Quite a lot of people I know joined for $35-ish/month, which I guess is not that expensive. The problem though is that I'm the kinda person that frequently 半途而废s, and so I am hesitant to sign myself up for a year's membership and end up quitting in two weeks. ;P

Korean guy I tutor tells me that all the Koreans play golf every weekend since golf is pretty cheap here (<$20 for students at the Purdue courses). So maybe I should take up golf!!!! HAHA. Although first I have to invest in a set of golf clubs. And golf lessons. ;)

No comments: