Sunday, June 15, 2008

Double, double, toil and trouble

Major thunderstorm again today. I think its the third time this week! Electricity went out, and we saw a tree fly by! Thats when we decided we'd better stop playing board games and go hide in the bathroom. Stayed in the dark for a half hour before the storm passed and it was safe to come out again.

Everyone seems to be all geared up for disaster. My coworkers talk about sandbagging, boarding up windows and stockpiling food... and freaking me out!! I live on higher ground and not too close to the river so I should be fine. I think. And I probably have enough food in the house to last me a week.

Anyway, I was playing Apples to Apples with some of the girls from Vision of Hope (a shelter for teenage girls and young women) and someone had the card 'Abraham Lincoln'. Then one of the girls said her great-great-great uncle was the one who assassinated Lincoln!!! OMG! Lol.

No comments: