I love Saturday mornings. I love waking up early and looking forward to the two whole days of nua-ness I have ahead of me. :)
Yesterday was a productive day. Troy and I met with a financial advisor who was recommended to us by an ex-coworker. Wasn't expecting too much, but he turned out to be quite a good fit for us. I liked that he wasn't too pushy and also explained things in a way that we understood. We are meeting with him again in two weeks and he's going to churn out the numbers for us. Told him we don't know much about investing and don't really care about the details - we just want him to tell us where and how much to put our money so we'll be good for the future! ;)
We were going to see the King's Speech after that, but couldn't find a parking spot!!!! So, decided to skip the movie and head to Fridays for dinner. Guess I can wait till the movie comes out on Netflix. Everyone's been saying the movie is really good and I'm pretty curious. Who knows, might give me some helpful tips for working with my stuttering kiddos!
Oh yeah, I should blog about my medical adventure, just so everyone can laugh at the ridiculously-priced American healthcare. ;)
Urgent Care visit (Saw doctor for 10 mins) - $903
ER visit (8 hours in ER for my CT and MRI scans) - $6169
Visit to family doctor - $144
Visit to Neurologist (who told me nothing I didn't already know) - $759
Total: $7975 to find out I had a migraine and I should get over-the-counter meds if I have another one.
Guess I should be thankful they take my health so seriously? Troy knows someone our age who died because she had an aneurysm and they sent her home without running the tests. All in all, I am thankful that I am fine AND that I have health insurance to pick up most of the tab!! My company just switched to a new insurance plan that has a $1600 out-of-pocket maximum per year and they pay everything else.
Happy weekend everyone!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gasp at the medical bill....
Post a Comment