Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer time

Hello summer is here! Official start of summer is June 21, which is my birthday, which was Monday. ;)

Had a little celebration with the man. Went to Olive Garden, which is one of my favorite Italian restaurants, then to the schnazzy new movie theater in St Louis Park to watch Karate Kid! Troy's been wanting to take me there since his friend told him about the BAR in the movie theater. Haha! Movie, popcorn, and boooze - perfect combo, no?

Anyway I can't decide which Karate Kid I like more. I thought Mr Miyagi was funnier than Jackie Chan, but I thought the portrayal of Beijing was pretty cool. Sure makes me want to go to China!

There were 20 - yes TWENTY - tornadoes in Minnesota last Thursday and it killed three people. :( None of them actually hit the Twin Cities, which is lucky because I'm sure the destruction and death toll would have been much higher.

My green card interview is scheduled for July 26! Think Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds in The Proposal. ;) Anyway my application has gone pretty smoothly so far, and really isn't taking too long at all. With any luck I'll be a permanent resident in 1-2 months - Woo!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your Green Card Interview!!

Meijie Chen said...

Thanks! Starting to feel a little nervous now that it's 11 days away..