The warm weather is here!! The weather has been just beautiful these last two weeks. :) I need to unpack my summer clothes.
Troy and I went to Red Wing last week to put the $1,100 deposit down for our Sept 5 wedding. :)) I also met with a photographer for $1,000 that we are very likely to go with. And we found a Chinese restaurant that will cater for $8.50 per person!!! Ok, obviously it won't be fancy schmancy food, but it'll have to do! We'll just have to get more booze to make up for it. ;)
Went to H&R Block today to have a "tax professional" file my taxes for me. I've done it myself in previous years, but 2009 is just too complicated - having lived in 4 states!!! Anyway, I had to pay him $320 (ouch!!!) to file my taxes for me, but I'm getting $900 back in federal returns, $330 back from the state of Minnesota, and I owe the state of Indiana $8. I got to claim some tax credit for my internship in California and moving expenses, which I am very pleased about!!
Anyway, despite us both being employed now, we are still very poor. Boooooooooo. And we have to pay Uncle Sam $1,500 for my green card - oww oww ouchh!!! Will be VERY GLAD when this wedding is over and we'll actually have money for some other things.. like furniture! And fun stuff. I haven't bought clothes or had a haircut in almost a year??!
Oh, and I can't wait till we have a house! I am quite into watching Home Buyers and Moving Up and all the other homebuying shows on TLC. ;))) I'm dreeeeeaminggg....
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment