Its almost 2010, can you believe it?!
We had our first snowstorm on Tuesday night. It took me TWO AND A HALF hours to drive back from Monticello, usually a one hour drive! Traffic was just craaaaaawling along, and I was reeeally hoping school/work would be canceled on Wednesday, but alas, no such luck. Sooo, I was forced to plow my way through the snow to work and had two close shaves on the road. First time I somehow drove myself into a snow bank (couldn't see where the road was due to snow everywhere), and was STUCK. Thankfully some kind stranger stopped his truck and helped me push my car out!! I barely got onto 494 when my car somehow skidded (never even saw it coming), but again thankfully, the car behind wasn't tailgating and so didn't hit me. Phew.
As such yesterday I went to a tire shop and got me some new highly recommended all-weather tires. A hefty $370 investment, but I figure my life is worth it. :P Plus there's a 70,000 mile warranty and free tire rotations, so I'm pretty pleased. :)
Looking forward to lots of fun and excitement the next two weeks!! We're going to do a lot of holiday baking to give as gifts because we are trying to save as much as possible. :) I read an article that said if you just eat oatmeal for breakfast, pb sandwiches for lunch, and rice and beans for dinner, your annual food expenditure would be $75!!!!!! WOOOAAAHHHH. Actually, thats pretty close to what I've been eating all week, except for the beans part because I don't like beans. ;)
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Snow Chains? Be careful k?
Post a Comment